- On Wednesday April 16th, 2014
- In Surf Tour West Java Surf Tour
- Tags Tags: cima, cimaja point - pelabuhan ratu, cimaja surf spots, cimaja surf tour, explore sawarna, explore ujung genteng, explore west java, ombak 7 ujung genteng, pelabuhan ratu surf spot, sawarna surf spots, sawarna surf tour, surf camp cimaja, surfing pelabuhan ratu, surfing west java, turtles point ujung genteng, turtles surf tour, ujung genteng surf spot, west java, west java surf, west java surf tour
West Java Surf Tour – Cimaja, Sawarna & Turtles – Ujung Genteng 13D/12N
Surfing in Cimaja – Pelabuhan Ratu
Nowadays Cimaja – Pelabuhan Ratu is a popular surfing destination in the world, and is one of the best contributors to Indonesian surfing athletes, in addition to easy accessibility, this region is also growing rapidly in terms of infrastructure, is what makes this area a favorite, other than the fact that he consistently produce waves reaching an average of 5-7 ft, in his best season Cimaja waves can reach 10-12 ft. Cimaja can be reached by walk from the main road about 300 meters past the rice fields and coconut trees.
Another surf spot around Cimaja
- Indicator Point : It has a shallow coral bottom, which works well with heavy swell 7 ft + and a high tide. It’s a long wall with a constant tube that shuts down after a 150 – 200 m down the line drive. If you want a speedy workable wave you’ll find it here when the conditions are right.
- Karang Papak : This is a surf spot a fun wave, which is good when Cimaja and Indicators are crowded or closing out and good when small swell coming and the tide is high tide.
- Karang Hawu : About 15 minutes drive to the west of Cimaja, has both of waves directions, good for beginner surfer, this beach also haves Surf School (Indonesia Surfing Republic)
- Karang Aji : It is a clean wave, which wraps around a large rock, then goes between two large rocks about 60+ m apart this wave can give fun rides up to 100 m.
- Cikembang Is an everchanging sand and rock bottom righthander. When the big swell from S or SW come, so it will be good for this place, which will hits the outskirts of the reef from the reef point to the end shore break at the beach until about 150m long. The waves here are mellow and the power is not so strong, it’s very good and suitable for longboarder and beginner surfer, but do not rule out the possibility for experienced surfer to ride this waves or the place next door it is the Cikembang indicator. The car is very hard to get close to the point (except if we bring a high car). Usually we walk down from the car park to the spot and it will take about 20 minutes.
- Noname Screet point : The Secret Point “Noname” This reef break about 80m long bareling left hander and not allow without local surf guide this is special spot for local sufer, the blue clear water and white sandy beaches one of favorite spot which is only reah by boat to this spot. This is the spot that the local surfer escape from the crow, have to be careful when it’s low tide. Intermediate to advance surfer.
Surfing in Sawarna
Sawarna is a rural area with lots of rice farmland cultivated by local inhabitants, administratively entered the area of Banten province, located approximately 1.5 hours drive to the west of Pelabuhan Ratu. In addition to its popularity as a surfing destination, Sawarna also become one of the favorite tourist destinations, beautiful beaches can not be doubted, combining natural shades of green and the beaches are clean and beautiful. Accommodation can also easily be found in the region with a very affordable price, as a surfing destination, Sawarna has a reputation that can not be doubted. He has a solid waves with heights reaching 10ft. If Cimaja was not fun because the waves are small, so you can move to Sawarna which have a more consistent and stable waves.
Surfing in Ujung Genteng
Ujung Genteng is approximately 2-3 hours drive from Pelabuhan Ratu eastwards, he was still part of Sukabumi, this region also has developed the infrastructure, we can easily find accommodation with a variety of diverse rates and facilities. Lately Ujung Genteng is also become a favorite tourist destination for domestic and international tourists because of its beautiful beaches. His reputation as a surfing destination’ve no doubt, he has a pretty popular surf spot, among others:
Ombak Tujun – O7
Ombak Tujuh O7 Surf spot Ombak Tujuh translates as Seven Waves and is definitely the big wave surf spot, capable of holding swells up to 20ft (7m). The coral ledge protrudes into deep water, forcing the waves to jack up suddenly, making for elevator drops, right by the cliffs. Big wave experts only as the power and deepwater hold downs are serious, keeping crowds thin on big days. Needs a big swell to perform and longer pintails are a good idea.
Only a 15 minute walk from your accommodation. Turtles point barreling left hander can get insane, best at low tide but gets shallo. longest barrels up here works from 2 to solid 6 foot and depending on the swell and winds can hold bigger. Also you will get a wave out the front of MAMA’S losmen spot a left hander that can deliver some magnificent surf waves but with the wrong winds can be a mes worth checking out.
Surf Tour Itinerary 13D/12N
Day 1 – Arrival and Transfer to Pelabuhan Ratu
The first day, upon your arrival in Soekarno Hatta international airport Jakarta our staff will welcome you, and after introduction and brief chat we will drive to Pelabuhan Ratu in Sukabumi with our provided transportation to bring your surfing gears with you. The trip will takes approximately 6-7 hours depends to traffic condition.
In the morning our surf guide will meet you in your hotel and after briefing about surf spot location, we will start our surfing acitivities. You will get your best waves in the best surf spots around Pelabuhan Ratu, we will arrange for you a necessary transportation or any other things you may need during the tour.
Day 6 – 8 : Surf around Sawarna
In 6th day we will take you to Sawarna, one of the best surf spot in West Java with its consistent and stable waves. When the waves in Cimaja are small, local surfer will move to Sawarna. During your surf activities in Sawarna we will provide for you the nearest hotel to the surf spot so you surf whenever you want. Also, we will have enough time to explore many interesting popular tour destination in Sawarna.
Day 9 – 12 : Surf around Ujung Genteng
Ujung Genteng have 2 main surf spot are Turtles point and Ombak Tujuh (O7) or seven waves, we will explore and ride the best waves in these two amazing spots and many others surf spots around the area. We will arrange the nearest hotel to the beach for you and you can surf whenever you want. In addition to the surfing activities we will also invite you to visit Cikaso waterfalls, witnessing the turtles laying their eggs in the night on the beach and many other interesting activities.
Day 13 : Transfer to airport
In the end of tour program, we will transfer you back to Soekarno Hatta international airport Jakarta or any other place you’ve decided. We hope we can see you again in the next tour program.
- Transportation during the tour, including airport pick up and tranfer.
- Lodging accommodation for 12 nights near by surf spot in Pelabuhan Ratu, Sawarna and Ujung Genteng.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the surf tour
- Friendly trained local Surf guide
- All tickets and admission fee
- Tour to many interesting places around the area
Not Included Services
- Airport tax
- Personal expenses (Beverages, Laundry etc)