Explore Madura island
You must have well known about Madura island, this island located at the northeast of Java island, is a home for famous Maduranese or Madura tribe, they are one of the tribes that traditionally have a wander culture, therefore it is not surprising that almost in every corner of Indonesia islands we can found the Maduranese, their soul is a coastal people’s soul who is forged by life at sea, making them tough and very adaptable in the overseas land.
The mainland of Madura is mostly is soil and only small agricultural land can be cultivated but this island has a lot of tourist attractions, unique culture as well as some typical tourist spot those are become popular in recently years among others: The limestone of Arosbaya and Jaddih in Bangkalan as well as Gili Labak island, Toroan waterfall in Sampang which is located next to the beach and many more interesting spots which are not yet explored because of inadequate access such as Mamburit island in Kangean which has beautiful coral reefs.
We offer to you “Explore Madura island” trip to invite you to visit some interesting spots inside it, to get closer to this island and its peoples as well their unique cultures and nature, this tour starts from Surabaya and will explore Madura within 3 days.
Day 1, Surabaya – Toroan waterfall – Sumenep (L,D)
- 06:00 am We will pick up you at hotel, airport or any place inside Surabaya, short introduction with our crew
- We will start the tour, the first we will visit Toroan waterfall at Ketapang, Sampang, it takes around 3 hours to drive crossing Suramadu bridge and following the north coast road of Madura.
- 09:30 arrive at Toroan waterfall. You can enjoy this beautiful waterfall which is located in front of the sea, you can also relax on the beach around Toroan waterfall
- 11:30 am We will leave the waterfall and drive to Sumenep and take around 2-2,5 hours drive, we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch.
- 03:00 pm If we have available time before late afternoon, we will visit Keraton museum of Sumenep, you’ll get here detail information about the of Sumenep palace and whole Madura history and it archeological heritage object.
- Check in hotel at Sumenep city and free time.
- 07:00 pm We will have dinner at a local restaurant in Sumenep city
- After dinner, we will visit The Great Mosque at the downtown of Sumenep and enjoy the nuance at night.
- 09:00 pm Back to the hotel, free time and overnight.
Day 2, Gili Labak island – Pamekasan (B,L,D)
- 07:00 am After breakfast at the hotel, we will head toward Kalianget traditional harbor, and then we will cross to Gili Labak island using the wooden boat, this takes around 2 hours.
- 10:00 am Arrived at Gili Labak, next we will do snorkeling around the island and then you can explore the island
- 01:00 pm Finish snorkeling, lunch at the island and break.
- 02:00 pm You can enjoy your personal time at the island and explore it.
- 03:00 pm Crossing back to Kalianget harbor at Sumenep.
- 05:00 pm Next we will drive to Pamekasan and takes around 2 hours drive.
- 07:00 pm We will have dinner at a local restaurant in Pamekasan and continue visit Arek Lancor monument which is located in front of the great mosque of Pamekasan
- 09:00 pm Check in hotel in Pamekasan and free time.
Day 3, Jaddih and Arosbaya limestone – Surabaya (B,L)
- 07:00 am Breakfast at hotel.
- Next, we will drive to Bangkalan and takes around 2-2,5 hours drive. Firstly we will visit Jaddih limestone.
- In Jaddih, we will found the former of limestone mining with is very artistical formation.
- 11:00 pm We will drive to Arosbaya limestone, it is also limestone mining used to get the white brick for local people houses, this limestone mining has beautiful formation and a very good for your pictures.
- 01:00 pm Dinner at local restaurant in Bangkalan city. If you like to eat a fried duck with spicy sauce, we will invite you to have lunch at a very popular restaurant at Bangkalan with fried duck as the main menu.
- 02:30 pm We will stop at snacks and souvenirs shopping center along the road to Suramadu bridge, here you can find typically snacks of Madura and it souvenir.
- 03:30 pm Drive back to Surabaya and takes around 1 hour, if we have available time, we will stop to enjoy the longest bridge in Indonesia, Suramadu bridge which is connected Madura island and Java island.
- 05:00 pm Arrive at Surabaya and tour ends.
- Transporation during the tours
- Fuel surcharge, highway and parking fees
- All admission fees
- Boat to Gili Labak (roundtrip)
- Snorkeling equipment
- Hotel accommodation for 1 night in Sumenep
- Hotel accommodation for 1 night in Pamekasan
- Personal activities and it expenses